One of our permanent staff members is taking a leave of absence this winter and this has created an opening for one or more assistants to join the Folklore retail team on a casual basis.
If you have a passion for Folklore's unique take on homewares + design, a positive attitude and love customer service, then we need to talk!
Key accountabilities include:
This role involves a variety of tasks across all areas of the business, both front of house at Folklore Store and behind the scenes supporting our retail staff - tasks will include:
- Customer service at the front counter and assisting our wonderful customers throughout the day. This will be your primary responsibility.
- Front of house also entails a variety of support activities - restocking store displays throughout the day, cleaning, packing and gift-wrapping customer orders.
The role may also vary depending upon demand to include a variety of tasks such as:
- Assisting with inventory management.
- Assisting with web order fulfilment - product selection, packing and courier.
- A wide variety of occasional tasks as and when required.
We value the following attributes:
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members
- A love for unique homewares and interior design
- A high standard of personal presentation
- The ability to use personal initiative in alignment with the needs of Folklore and our customers
- The ability to accurately and reliably follow business processes
- Tech savviness - we use POS / inventory systems and Google Drive apps
- A flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business particularly during school holiday periods
- A willingness to maintain high visual merchandising standards / cleanliness
- Prior customer experience in retail or hospitality would be preferred but we will consider all candidates who meet the preceding criteria
All applications need to include a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the role, please email your CV and letter to us by clicking here!